Sunday 19 July 2020

BVA503 Blog Three

Semester 2 Blog Three

Today in class, we went over some of the main questions for our projects like...

Identify your Question
What are some key words that describe your project?
Fantasy, Magic, Wholesome
Write a key question to help drive your project?
Can I make the characters feel real and give them emotional attachment to the audience.
What are some contexts around my project?
Time, Money and Appealing Ideas

Concept
Whats the big idea you're exploring?
Do I have the skill and resolve to write a book and create a world that people can escape tool.

Context
Does it rely on where it is, or when it is, to set the scene?
Physically, no it does not matter where it is done, as it is a book, but within the story it can really only take place then and there.

Audience
Who is this for?
This project is more for me, as I would like to see what I am capable of.
Who is this aimed at?
Young teens to young Adults.

Aesthetics
How do I want my work to look?
I would like my book to look visually captivating , with a monochromatic style from black to dark blue

Theoretical Framework
Find an associative term to explain what your doing?
I am creating a world of Fantasy and Magic in Medieval Times.

Medium
What technology are you going to use?
I will be using three or four main programs on a computer or laptop. These are Microsoft Word, Google Documents, Grammarly and a book printing website which I still have to find.

Key Practitioners/Influences
My main inspirations for these books is Arthurian Legends from European History, but the idea or writing was greatly inspired by Rick Riordan.

Technique
Identify the skills I need to have?
Decent English Grammar, Spelling and creative Ideas.
Are any of these new, or do I need to refine any of them?
I definitely need to improve my grammar to make my book more linguistically appealing.

Methodology and Planning
How am I going to realize my idea?
Nose down, arse up and getting to work.
What planning and timing stages do I need too plan out?
I need to produce at least one chapter a week to meet the deadline, aswell as sent it out to thew book printing website to get it printed and sent.

Props
Do I need anything to use for the exhibition?
What I would need for the exhibition is a wall for the book poster, and I will need to bring a stand for my book aswell as the hand out copies. Plus a chair if I decide to do a set time reading over the first few chapters.

References
What ideas have I learnt from my literature review?
World building is a key aspect to creating a good book. With believable characters and a believable world and situations it can convince thew audience that this place could actually exist.

Overall I learnt some cool stuff in the class for my book, now to get onto writing it. Hopefully I will get the prologue and first few chapters in here soon, but we'll see.












No comments:

Post a Comment

BSA527 Blog Sixteen (Final)

 Semester 2 Evaluation Wow, end of the year already, that went way faster than I thought. I must say 202 has been quite a mission, but I hav...